Pregnancy Massage at Chichester Sports Massage
What is Pregnancy Massage?
Pregnancy massage is a massage that is specifically tailored for you and your baby. It differs from regular massage as you will not only be lying on your side but also will be well supported with pillows to create the most comfortable massage experience. The massage techniques that are used are gentle and not as deep as a regular deep tissue massage.
Pregnancy massage will generally cover your back, arms, and legs but it can also be tailored to other problem areas. These can be discussed with our Therapist, as there are some areas of the body that have to be avoided during pregnancy.
Massage in pregnancy is generally suitable for all pregnant women who are in their second and third trimester and are experiencing a normal pregnancy.
Please note: you must be over 12 weeks pregnant and in a low-risk pregnancy to be able to book this massage, otherwise written consent from your doctor will be required.
What are the benefits of a Pregnancy Massage?
A massage during pregnancy can help with the following:
- Reducing stress and increasing a sense of well-being
- Helping to ease pain in the muscles and joints which can be under increased pressure as your pregnancy progresses
- Can reduce the effects of insomnia and fatigue that come with the increased demand on the body during your pregnancy
- Increase blood flow and lymph circulation around the body which can help to reduce swelling
- Helping to transport more oxygen and nutrients to the cells in your body which in turn will help to provide the baby with better nourishment and oxygen supply
- Providing much needed time out to simply relax and recharge!
Please allow 70 minutes for your pregnancy massage appointment.
Would you like to know more?
If you’re unsure whether a Pregnancy Massage is the right option for you, then please come in for a free 20-minute consultation where we can discuss the reason for your visit, carry out a quick check of the body and explain how we may be able to help. To book this free consultation please contact us on 01243 913923.
We look forward to seeing you soon! – Chichester Sports Massage
Local Massage Therapists servicing Chichester, Bosham, Fishbourne, Drayton, Goodwood, Hayling Island, Portsmouth, Selsey, Bognor Regis, Rustington, East Preston, Ferring, Worthing, Littlehampton and Arundel areas.